Sunday, October 26, 2008

Gluten Free Pizza




One thing Josh and I haven't enjoyed since going GF is pizza. I finally broke and bought a package of $5 pizza crust mix. We've tried the frozen pizzas -- they're all right. The crusts are crispy and flat and bland. So I tried the Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Pizza mix. It makes 2 10-inch pizzas. Very thick. Like a giant biscuit spread out and topped with pizza toppings. I bought yeast, so I think I'll try make my own with my flour substitute. The only thing is that you can't knead GF dough. It's like a sticky blob of too-thick pancake batter. So just spread it out on parchment paper directly on a cookie sheet and bake as directed.

Check out the picks below. Flavor was good -- for a giant biscuit.

Ah...nice chewy pizza crust... alas... no more. But for a decent substitute, I recommend it.

1 comment:

  1. this looks so delicious! thanks so much for your message. you sure know how to make someone feel special! we'll definitely have to get together soon and catch up! I'll stand by for Thursday!!! love you guys!

    ReplyDelete