Monday, November 27, 2017

Seattle Restaurant Recommendations 2017

Whenever friends or friends-of-friends come to town, they usually send me a note asking where they should dine. I send them this list - written for a friend a few months ago and shared about a dozen times thru text. Here it is, finally, on a blog. Note that it's been 11 months since I wrote on this blog, and my first post is bossing you around :)
I'll share what we have been up to in travel and housing... and how we did it!

But first... the list.

In no particular order or preference. Some I've personally visited, some are just known to be really good. Dine well. Tip better. 

Disagree? Want to add someone to the list? Let me know in the comments below.

Typos are from text. Ignore.

Matt’s in the Market – new American
- Radiator Whiskey – whiskey!
- Mamnoon – middle east inspired
- Adana – modern Japanese, pre fixe
- Ba Bar – Vietnamese French
- Scout – kickass new American with a killer pastry chef – Eric Rivera’s wife
- Art of the Table – new American
- Kedai Mekan – Malaysian
- Elliott’s – oysters
- Westward – good for a crowd; drive
- The Whale Wins – French inspired farm to table, 2013/14 Best Chef for the NW
- Sitka and Spruce – farm to table
- Quinn’s – new American high class pub
- Little Uncle – Thai street
- Bastile – French
- Le Pichet – French
- Thai Toms – thai
- Marche – Bainbridge – Chef instructor from my culinary program; former Canlis chef
- Hitchcock – Bainbridge
- Nue Seattle – modern Asian fusion – Balud!
- LloydMartin – new American
- Trove – Korean fusion
- Sun Liquor – the vodka on my shelf, burgers & bar food
- Oola – the other vodka on my shelf
- Woodinville Whiskey – the whiskey on my shelf
- Salare – Ravenna – drive. Chef Edouardo Jordan just got the 2016 F&W Best New Chef for the NW – fusion of his heritage southern, African, European, carribbean
- Jack’s BBQ – legit TX BBQ – drive
- Chan – Korean
- Tsukushinbo – traditional Japanese sushi
- Shiro’s/Sushi Kashiba – the chef who worked for Jiro dreams of sushi
- Maneki’s – one of the oldest Japanese retaurants in Seattle
- Canlis – finest dining restaurant in Seattle; reservations and a sports jacket
- Cactus – latin American; mini chain
- Adana - modern Japanese. Chef Shota competed on the Food Network Iron Chef Gauntlet this year


1 comment:

  1. My additions:

    Girin in the stadium district for their tasting menu ... really solid Korean food (and they're even GF friendly).

    Kamonegi for hand-cut soba in Wallingford ... I can't eat it, because of the whole gluten thing, but if there were such a thing as a celiac disease hall pass, Kamonegi would be the very first place I'd go.

    Super solid list (even with a few closures and such).

    ReplyDelete